Sunday 3 May 2009

The book that I read today

Hello,
Today I read a book called Mr Gum and the Power Crystals by Andy Stanton.
It is a really good and funny book.
In this book the main character is called Polly.
Polly's dog finds two crystals from the year 1559 and they take Polly on lots of adventures.

One of the adventures was in one of her dreams. The crystals tell Polly to go to a windmill, even though Polly doesn't know where the windmill is, and in the morning she finds that she is wearing a top as a souvenir that says "I went to the windmill in my sleep and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"
I don't know how Andy Stanton thinks up really funny stories like this one and I think that he is very good at writing stories.
I think anyone from 5-8 would really enjoy this book as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment