Sunday 21 April 2013

Tortoise Soup

Hello everyone!
Today I will be reviewing a new release named Tortoise Soup, which was generously donated to me by Nick Holland. I really enjoyed reading it...

Ruby Tinker is an orphan who lives in the St Therese's Children's Home with Scratbakk (the evil owner of the house), lots of children and her beloved tortoise named Byron. But when Ruby is taken away to live with her Uncle Peter, Byron must stay behind.
Ruby is looking for Byron. Byron is looking for Ruby. But if the wicked Scratbakk finds Byron first, then he will be the main ingredient of Scratbakk's supper - a tortoise soup!
I found Tortoise Soup a really fun read, mainly because of Byron. He was such a brave, caring, kind and sweet tortoise who I absolutely adored! He was my favourite character in the book and I would love to have a  pet tortoise like him.
That being said, Scratbakk was the perfect baddie. She never gave up and was seriously mean to everyone in the St Therese's Children's Home. She reminded me of the Wicked Witch in Snow White.
This book also has a great plot that I think will appeal to anyone aged 7-12. It seems almost impossible to reunite Ruby and Byron at first, but at the end it becomes possible, because none of the characters seem to give up. I had tears in my eyes at the end!

I give **** to this great book and recommend it to 7-12 year olds because of the lovable characters, amazing plot and a moving end.
Happy reading!

A big thank you to Nick Holland, who sent me a copy of this brilliant book...

No comments:

Post a Comment