Monday 29 April 2013

Knife Edge



This is the second book in the Noughts and Crosses series and although I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, it still left me in floods of tears.
Sephy is a CROSS - a ruling black skinned person in a world where the whites are inferior. However, Sephy is no longer superior to the whites around her. Constantly looked down on for having a mixed race baby and being black in a world of whites, Sephy is the victim of cruel taunting.
Jude is a NOUGHT - a white skinned prson controlled by the blacks. He is comsumed with bitter hatred for the Hadley family, who he blames for the tradgedies his family has faced. Now his life rests on a knife edge. Will he survive?

This is a wonderful and moving story that I loved so much, I turned all 478 pages in just over two hours!
My favourite character was definitely Jude. He had changed so much from the first book and was a really exciting character to read about. I found it really interesting to find out how he saw the world.

I also really enjoyed the beginning, where Jude and Morgan make a dramatic escape from a hotel. It was a really gripping part of the story that I thoroughly enjoyed reading about. 

Some parts of this story were quite nice and fun, but this book was much more serious and grim than Noughts and Crosses and this was mainly why I didn't like it that much. I recommend it to mature people aged 12+ for this reason.
This book also has the amazing short story An Eye For An Eye at the end, which is set inbetween Noughts and Crosses and Knife Edge. I thought this was brilliant as well.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment