Thursday 21 October 2010

Dork Diaries Party Time

This book is a bit like the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Both are very good, but I probably like Dork Diaries best. I like it because it’s more emotional and the pictures are better. Like Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the main characters are girls. It is the diary of a girl called Nikki and she is American.
Dork Diaries has the same font as Diary of a Wimpy Kid, but it has more detailed pictures. I like these pictures better because of that.
The book is about Nikki and her school Halloween party. She gets into a bit of a pickle because she is supposed to be entertaining the younger children, dancing with her friends Chloe and Zoey AND hanging out with her crush, Brandon at the same time.

This book is really funny. It made me laugh when they said that in the library they authorise toilet passes! It is also funny when they phone cafes and reserve seats for made up people such as Anita Bath and Harry Stinenke Guy!
My favourite part of this book is when a bully called Mackenzie and her friend Jessica jam a chocolate fountain with fruit and then it sprays chocolate over everyone. It’s funny because someone was taking a picture when that happened!
I also like it when Chloe and Zoey volunteer to be the clean up crew for the Halloween dance because it makes you think are they mad. I’d never volunteer to be in the clean-up crew.
I recommend this book for ages 8+ and for girls who like Diary of a Wimpy kid. It’s really enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment