Friday 30 October 2009

The boy in the dress

This is an incredible book. It is different, funny, clever and sad. I don’t know how I ever lived without it.

The book is about a boy called Dennis. His Mum and his Dad have split up. During this story he gets expelled from his school for wearing a dress and pretending to be his friend Lisa’s French pen pal. Dennis is also the star striker in the school football team, but once he is expelled, he can’t play. What will happen next? Who can save the day? The only way for you to find out is to read it.


I think that you will find that this is a delightful story. Once I started reading it, I didn’t want to stop, and it became my favourite book.

David Walliams is a very talented author, but the book also has some brilliant pictures by Quentin Blake. Even if you don’t like reading, this book will probably make you a HUGE fan of books and will show readers how brilliant books can be.

I recommend this book to kids aged 7-11. I think it will also appeal to people who like Jeremy Strong’s books. If this book sounds good to you then please go to your local book shop and buy it.

Happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Sounds like a great book. I remember seeing it when it first came out in the US. It seemed like it would be good to read and funny, especially since David Walliams is such a funny actor. Glad you liked it and thanks for reminding me of it!

    ReplyDelete